Friday, November 5, 2010

Yarn Update!

I've just discovered, to my delight, that my How To Dye Yarn With Kool-Aid Tutorial was posted on Totally Tutorials. In honor of such an occasion, I've decided to update with a group of recent yarn images.

I'm pretty happy with my recent crops of yarn-- I think the colors and patterns are getting more sophisticated overall. Also, I've been using a spray bottle on my Plate Yarn, which helps the colors stay even more distinct.

If anyone reading has a question about how I achieved the color on a specific strand of yarn, ask and I will try my best to answer.









The last couple are, obviously, not yarn but instead yarn in an interlocked, shall we say 'knitted', state. I still haven't gotten the hang of the long-hours repetitiveness of knitting, but I do like the look (and stretchiness! Ooh, stretchy...) of the fabric it produces.

No comments:

Post a Comment