Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Izzet Queen Bracelet

So named because I'm a big ol' dork.

Seriously, though, the Izzet guild rocked the M:tG Ravnica block, which, in turn, rocked the M:tG world.

Equally seriously and not nearly as fannishly, I've been really inspired by the images on the Izzet Magic cards. Theoretically the Izzet guild combines red (fire) and blue (water) magic, resulting in some pretty funky and steampunk-y combinations. Check them out!

The fact remains, though, that the Izzet Queen Bracelet was named after its completion. Its initial inspiration was pretty red wire, 22 gauge (yay!), some pretty blue glass beads, and a couple pairs of pliers. This piece was basically my initiation into the wire-wrapping world-- I just strung all the beads I'd practiced on along with some small Japanese drops.

I don't wear it every day, but I kinda want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment